To ensure the highest quality of ads we serve our users, the Speakol content team thoroughly reviews and assesses every campaign ad submitted. The review is carried out by professionals based on Speakol’s advertising policies.
This article will explain how the review process is conducted, how long it typically takes, and what factors are considered.
Campaign Review Process:
- Once you create a campaign, the status will be set to “under review,” which means that it is in a queue for review.
- Our team reviews each campaign ad, including its title, thumbnail, branding text, and destination URLs (landing pages). The team also ensures that both the advertiser and all third-parties comply with Speakol’s advertising policies.
- Once the process is complete, you will be notified.
- Delivering: This means that the campaign is currently running on the Speakol platform and publishers websites you have specified
- Not Delivering - Paused: This means that you have decided to pause the campaign while it was running by switching off the toggle.
- Not Delivering- Under review: This means that the campaign is newly created and that the Speakol team is currently reviewing your ad, including its title, thumbnail, branding text, and destination URL (landing page) to ensure that everything complies with Speakol’s advertising policies and will get back to you within 2 working days.
- Not Delivering- On hold: This means that your campaign is inactive and currently on-hold because there is an issue with one or more campaign ads.
- Not Delivering- Rejected: This means that your campaign is rejected by the Speakol team for violating and failing to meet the Speakol’s advertising policies.
- Not Delivering- Out of Budget: This indicates that your campaign has run out of funds. You need to recharge your account to resume it.
Review Process Time:
- We aim to review it within two business days from the date of submission.
If you have any questions about the campaign review process, please email us at email@example.com.